Thursday, April 5, 2012

"I Write You Letters by the Thousands in My Thoughts"

These words, originally written by Beethoven, have been a constant thought that has crossed my mind for years.  They strike me with such power now - as they did when I first read them as a young girl.

The thought that a singular man could be both beautifully lyrical and musical at once is far beyond my comprehension.  How I've dreamt of such talent over the years.  I suppose there are those who have the talent and others who must resign themselves to admire the talented.

I imagine Beethoven penning this to his "eternally beloved".  He pauses only momentarily to think of the perfect words - the way a genius would - before he begins to write.  He sits at a desk with his quill and ink as he fluidly circles the letters on parchment. His muse has inspired him in the same way that his own music inspires others.

When he finishes, he seals his note and sends it on the air to his love...

No comments:

Post a Comment