Monday, April 9, 2012

Autumn Morning...


It's morning...it has been for hours but my eyes just allowed the light to peer in like the eyes of a parent whose young child anxiously awakens them too early.


It's a breezy autumn day and the windows are cracked open allowing a soft wind to blow the curtain. My absolute favorite kind of beginning...


As I breathe in the crispness of the autumn, I am drawn into another world. A world where the forms made on the curtains come alive. The trees sway... slowly at first...then faster and faster as the wind grows stronger. I imagine Baryshnikov or Balanchine and their lilting prima donnas. They glide and twirl and leap into the arms of the cavalier.


My mind applauds the grace and beauty of their performance. I am thrilled to have a front-row seat and am grateful to have been invited to attend.


The show ends abruptly as the sound of real children at play outside amplifies. I recall those days of fall as a child and my soul is warmed by the purity and the happiness of my youth that still lives tucked inside. I imagine their smiling faces, their childhood thoughts and cares that I'd exchange for my own without a moment's consideration.


What the presence of a child adds is immeasurable and is one of the only things that can shed light both externally and within. I am instantly invigorated and ready to start the day with a lightness of heart that I haven't known for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment